The Hub Operations Manager is a senior level position primarily responsible for managing daily operations of the QBO Innovation Hub with the aim of ensuring and improving performance, productivity and efficiency. The Hub Operations Manager provides effective methods and strategies to ensure the implementation and efficient execution of QBO activities and projects for startups, and provides inputs on the planning and development of said projects.
The Operations Manager helps accomplish objectives by overseeing the execution of multiple activities and the utilization of resources and facilities. The Operations Manager works closely with the QBO team and plays a key role in coordinating and monitoring team members, ensuring that targets for programs are accomplished and deadlines are met consistently, and putting in place processes and systems to facilitate an efficient working environment.
Program Operations Management
• Supervise day to day operations of QBO hub facility and project staff
• Manage initial development of processes and systems for hub operations.
• Responsible for coordination, execution and completion of QBO programs, ensuring consistency with overall strategy, timely and efficient implementation with respect to commitments and goals.
• Work with colleagues on the design and planning of startup-related programming hosted in the hub to maximize productivity and output and promote the growth of the innovation hub community.
• Prepare project work plans, manage overall schedules, program calendar and budgets to forecast requirements and responsibly manage resources. Put in place budget controls and processes.
• Monitor and evaluate assigned programs, project teams and develop KPIs/ metrics for assessment
• Effectively collect, manage, analyze data and feedback to propose enhancements for projects, develop new programs, take needed action to effect improvements
• Ensure execution of marketing/ communication initiatives are aligned with brand and communication objectives. Help create content, collaterals for multiple media (blog, social, web, print) as needed.
• Coordinate and manage events in the hub, which can include but are not limited to: talks, visits, hackathons, networking sessions, demo days, pitching competitions, classes, etc.
• Communicate goals to project stakeholders and liaise with QBO management. Provide regular updates and reports to team and management on project progress.
• Work with team to coordinate and liaise with partners and organizations that support ventures and develop, facilitate and build relationships with partners and startups;
Administrative and HR Management
• Coordinate, manage and monitor team members handling programs, events and startup support services, general administration. Facilitate coordination and communication among functions.
• Oversee selection, coaching, counseling and development of staff including communicating expectations, reviewing job contributions and enforcing policies/ procedures
• Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals and considering industry best practices. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
• Oversee maintenance and setup systems to efficiently manage QBO facilities, space, assets
• Represent QBO in events, conferences, recruitment, networking and other functions
• Assist with other tasks and provide support to overall project team
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS
• Completed BS/BA in engineering, operations, business administration or equivalent experience
• Interest in startups and the innovation sector
• Project management experience or demonstrated skills in prioritization, organization, and efficient resource utilization. Exhibits attention to detail in executing projects
• Highly flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and new challenges
• Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both English and Filipino to a variety of audiences by expressing facts, ideas, or directions in an accurate, clear, and organized manner.
• Experience organizing projects or events from ideation and planning to implementation and postprogram evaluation
• Extensive knowledge of process, project and program management theory and practices, and the ability to apply them when solving operational issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills; Able to cultivate good working relationships with colleagues and partners; interface, negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Background in tech, startups, international experience or public speaking would be advantages
• Start Date: For immediate hiring
• Schedule and Places of Assignment: This posting is for a full time position. Expect a 5-day work week with a maximum of 6 days. Applicant must be willing to work in Makati City and to travel as needed.
• How to Apply: Please send a PDF attachment of your resume/ CV and cover letter, as well as a link to your LinkedIn profile via email to email@example.com with the subject line “QBO-Operations Manager Application- <LAST NAME>”. We will not be reviewing resumes uploaded on our website for this position. Early applications are encouraged as interviews will begin immediately.