Project Associate- Operations and Administration
The Project Associate is an entry-level position which works closely with the QBO team to provide general administrative work, reception and guest management and related support services. In addition, the Project Associate will be responsible for organizing, updating and maintaining a startup information database and supplying information regarding the organization to the general public, startups, government and private sector partners, investors, and students, both through the hub and via online channels. The Project Associate will also provide support to other project staff as appropriate, and will be responsible for anticipating and resolving operational administrative issues to ensure continuity and efficiency in operations.
● Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (manage calendars, arrange events and travel, schedule facilities and equipment).
● Provide friendly and professional reception services to startups, QBO visitors and VIP guests, including fielding questions and providing basic information, monitoring traffic and recording time logs, supervising overall security, ensuring orderliness and adherence to house rules.
● Deploy and suggest systems to improve management of administrative tasks (scheduling, organizing and setting up events and meetings in QBO, managing social media platforms, etc.)
● Accept and record incoming inquiries via phone, social media, and in person; provide responses to commonly asked questions
● Track, organize retrieve and access records, information, contacts, press releases, collaterals, etc.
● Assist with organizing events and programs in QBO space working with project leads
● Keep track of inventory and small cash disbursements (including placing orders for materials needed for meetings and events, maintaining records of purchased equipment and assets, etc.)
● Assist with filing and processing of administrative documents (e.g. invoices, receipts, leave forms, etc.)
● Develop professional contacts; Organize contacts and build a directory of startups and partners; Distribute communication materials and set meetings.
● Help represent QBO in functions, recruitment activities, events, etc.
● Mentor and orient interns and new team members
● Serve as lead or manager of smaller projects. Suggest initiatives to improve company performance.
● Assist with other tasks and provide support to project team
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
● Demonstrated skills in prioritization, organization, and efficient resource utilization when multi-tasking.
● Highly organized, analytical and exhibits attention to detail in executing work
● Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both English and Filipino to a variety of audiences by expressing facts, ideas, or directions in an accurate, clear, and organized manner.
● Generally adept at using technology productivity solutions for calendar, communication, contact management, forms etc. (and keen to learn more!) Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google for Work
● Strong interpersonal skills; Friendly, approachable and able to cultivate good working relationships with colleagues and partners; Able to communicate well with a variety of people and job functions.
● Ability to take accurate messages and disseminate information appropriately
● Broad knowledge of typical office procedures; Basic understanding of the use of office equipment
● Interest in startups and the innovation sector
● Start Date: For immediate hiring
● Schedule and Places of Assignment: This posting is for a full time position. Expect a 5-day work week, with a maximum of 6 days. Typical work hours from 9AM to 6PM. Applicant must be willing to work in both Makati City and willing to travel on an as needed basis.
● Application Materials: Please send a PDF attachment of your CV and cover letter, as well as a link to your linkedin profile via email to email@example.com with the subject line “QBO Project Associate (Ops and Admin)- ”. Early applications are encouraged as interviews will begin immediately.