Project Development Officer I
The Project Development Officer is a mid-level position which works closely with QBO team in implementing and developing new initiatives for the innovation hub. The Project Development Officer is primarily responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of programs and activities to be hosted within the innovation hub, overseeing the initial development of project facilities and building relationships and working with partner organizations.
• Responsible for coordination, execution and completion of QBO programs, ensuring consistency with overall strategy, timely and efficient implementation with respect to commitments and goals.
• Manage the initial infrastructure development process at QBO to ensure high quality and on target delivery. Assist with day to day operations.
• Work with colleagues and partner organizations on the design and planning of startup-related programming hosted in the hub to maximize productivity and achieve targets
• Coordinate community events such as hackathons, networking sessions, demo days, pitching competitions, classes, etc.
• Ensure execution of marketing/ communication initiatives are aligned with brand and communication objectives. Help create content, collaterals for multiple media (blog, social, web, print) as needed, managing online and offline presence and promoting the growth of the innovation hub community.
• Assist in developing project work plans and budgets to responsibly manage project resources
• Coordinate and ensure successful and timely delivery and full implementation of assigned projects
• Monitor and evaluate the assigned programs and projects; Propose improvements for projects and help develop new programs.
• Facilitate interactions with organizations that support or create a favorable environment for startup
ventures and build relationships with partners and startups
• Provide regular updates and reports to team and management on project progress
• Assist with other tasks and provide support to project team
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS
• Able and willing to work full time in Makati, Philippines
• Completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Interest in startups and the innovation sector
• Self-starter and flexible/skilled at handling multiple tasks
• Project management experience or demonstrated skills in prioritization, organization, and efficient resource utilization. Exhibits attention to detail in executing projects
• Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both English and Filipino to a variety of audiences by expressing facts, ideas, or directions in an accurate, clear, and organized manner.
• Experience with organizing projects or events from ideation and planning to implementation and post program evaluation
• Strong interpersonal skills; Able to cultivate good working relationships with colleagues and partners; interface, negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Background in tech startups, international experience or public speaking would be advantages
• Start Date: For immediate hiring
• Schedule and Places of Assignment: This posting is for a full time position. Expect a 5-day work week (with a maximum of 6 days for field assignments or special events). Applicant must be willing to work in Makati City and to travel as needed.
• How to Apply: Please send a PDF attachment of your CV and cover letter, as well as a link to your LinkedIn profile via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Project Development Officer”. Early applications are encouraged as interviews will begin immediately.