Venture Investments and Finance Manager
The Venture Investments and Finance Manager is primarily responsible for all aspects and activities associated with the management of the QBO investment portfolio. The Venture Investments and Finance Manager will drive the QBO team’s efforts in facilitating startup investments, from research, deal sourcing and due diligence to deal execution, investment syndication, portfolio monitoring, settlement, performance measurement, and reporting. The manager will also directly interface with and advise startups in the QBO investment portfolio.
The Venture Investments and Finance Manager serves as the in house ‘chief numbers guy’ overseeing overall project finances, and will work closely with project operations to supervise the development of operating budgets, monitor disbursement and utilization of funds and help ensure compliance. The Venture Investments and Finance Manager provides support for fundraising efforts and will help put in place processes and systems to effectively manage the QBO’s financial resources. The ideal candidate will possess a unique combination of investment acumen, skills and knowledge, self-starting entrepreneurialism, interest in tech startups and team-oriented interpersonal skills.
Investment and Venture Management
• Conduct market research and analysis for prospective startup investments.
• Identify and screen potential startup investment opportunities; Assist with conducting preliminary assessment and evaluation of investment proposals, driven principally by financial analysis
• Lead negotiation of terms and closing documentation, draft term sheets for prospective deals
• Manage deal sourcing/ origination efforts, understand industry trends through both research and information gathering via networking/ participation in startup events,
• Contribute to continual improvement of the team’s investment processes, startup market knowledge
• Identify risks associated with existing and prospective investments, make recommendations as needed
• Develop relationships with partners and startups particularly, networking with peer investors and startup founders and representing the team in relevant industry and investor events, developing a network of angel investors, venture capitalists and grant providers that can be tapped for fundraising and investment, identifying promising founders/companies in the Philippines
• Construct financial models, financial statements and cash flow projections; Assist portfolio companies with financial concerns
• Help build portfolio and increase value of investments
Finance and Accounting
• Manage initial development of processes and systems for hub financial operations;
• Monitor and oversee proper allocation and disbursement of QBO funds
• Strategically plan for the budget utilization, prepare regular forecasts for projects and programs
• Engage the different team members to properly plan and allocate their financial resources
• Assess and evaluate the existing financial processes; Effect and set policies
• Writing and analysis of financial reports
• Prepare long-term fundraising objectives, strategy and help prepare fundraising presentations
• Ensure proper compliance with the accounting standards and government policies/taxations
• Provide support to QBO team on financial management or other matters as needed.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS
• Completed BS/BA in business administration (with a focus on finance), math, engineering or equivalent quantitative background/ experience; Advanced degree/ MBA or CFA a plus
• Strong analytical skills, including knowledge of valuation methodologies
• Full understanding of and ability to interpret financial statements
• Ability to prepare detailed financial models, business valuations, basic financial statements/ reports
• At least one to two years related work experience in M&A investment banking, equities research, corporate development, venture capital or private equity
• High level of numeracy/ facility with Excel
• Interest in startups and the innovation sector
• Effectively manages multiple projects, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and new challenges skilled in prioritization, organization and efficient resource utilization; Exhibits attention to detail.
• Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both English and Filipino to a variety of audiences by expressing facts, ideas, or directions in an accurate, clear, and organized manner.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure; High level of professionalism, integrity, discretion and good judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills; Able to cultivate good working relationships with colleagues and partners; interface, negotiate with stakeholders, consultants, partners, peer investors, etc.
• Able and willing to work full time in Makati City Philippines; Willingness to travel as needed
• Background in tech, startups, international experience would be advantages
• Start Date: For immediate hiring
• Schedule and Places of Assignment: This posting is for a full time position. Expect a 5-day work week with a maximum of 6 days. Applicant must be willing to work in Makati City and to travel as needed.
• How to Apply: Please send a PDF attachment of your CV and cover letter, as well as a link to yourLinkedIn profile via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Venture Investments andFinance Manager – ”. Early applications are encouraged as interviews will begin immediately.